The Practice developed a Patient Participation Group in August 2011. We have increased the group size from 20 members registered in 2012 and now have 30 members registered to date. The group have met on 15 occasions during this time.
Profile of the Patient Participation Group
The aim is to have a diverse group of patients to help set priorities and shape the Practice in the future.
The current group consists of 16 females and 14 males, aged 35+ the main ethnic background of the group is white British with a British Indian member.
We encourage new members via:-
- Information on the television in the waiting area
- Information on the practice website
- Notice boards in the waiting area, on the practice web site and Face Book page
- Word of mouth by Doctors and Nurses
- Promotion of the PPG at flu clinics
- Posters in each consulting room and public corridors
- Information at the footer of each patient letter sent out by the practice
- Information on the right hand side of prescriptions
The following actions are taken to determine an appropriate agenda to assist discussion regarding practice issues:-
- An agenda and relevant information is circulated via email to group members
- Statistic are presented for analysis, discussion and action
- Speakers are invited to present at meetings for example in 2013 we met with:-
- Telephone provider company
- Clinical Commissioning Group(CCG) member attended to give information regarding Summary Care Records
- Full practice to discuss the Francis Report findings
- PPG Chair gave a presentation on the Kings Fund
- CCG, National Association of Patient Participants (NAPP) and Healthwatch
The patient participation group gain wider patient opinion via:-
- Patient Survey
- In-house complaints review
- Local New article about PPG involvement with the practice expansion and practice Logo competition.
If you wish to join please register your interest at reception providing your email address. The role is unpaid and on a voluntary basis. There is no specific duration or contract.
The group meet with the partners and other practice members every 6-8 weeks to discuss services. See our notice board on the home page for the next meeting date.
Patient Participation Group Meeting Minutes
The PPG has developed this year’s Acheivements and next years action plan, the results of which are available below.
Patient Survey 2017/18
Patient Survey Report 2018
You said, we did 2018-19
Patient Survey 2016/17
You said, we did2016
Patient Survey 2016
Patient Survey 2015/16
Practice & Patient Participation Group Action Plan 2015-2016
You said, We did 2015
Patient Survey 2014/15
Practice & Patient Participation Group Achievements 2014-15
You said - We did 2014
Patient Survey 2013/14
Patient Survey Report 2013-2014 (.doc)
Survey Action Plan (.doc)
Patient Survey 2012/13
Patient Survey Report 2012/2013 (.doc)
PPG Action Plan March 2012/2013 (.doc)
Patient Group Action Plan achievement 2012/2013 (.doc)
Patient Survey 2011/12
Patient Survey Report 2012 (.rtf)
PPG Action Plan 2011/2012 (.rtf)